Wednesday 9 February 2011

The Beatles


Were you a Beatles fan?

Paul, George, John, Ringo

According to the news, on this day, 50 years ago, the Beatles has their first gig at the Cavern Club in Liverpool!  (Surely it can't be that long ago!)

Liverpool

Click on pics for better view!



Liverpool


On this day in 1964 the Beatles first appeared on The Ed Sullivan Show in America.

Beatles For Sale


Forgot that LPs had two sides!

This is the first LP I ever owned - Beatles For Sale!  I got it for my Christmas (1964).  It was in mono and cost 32/- (32 shillings or £1 and 12 shillings)!  I think my parents must have got this as a gift for themselves, as I was only a tiny baby in 1964 (ahem …)!

Favourite Beatles song?  Hmm … that's really difficult as there so many greats!  Loved - Revolution (1968 I think).

What's your favourite?

Love, Liz

2 comments:

Debbiedoos said...

Let it Be...had the album when I was just a kid...loved them!

Catherine said...

Let it be. My son took me to a concert in France " the rabbits" are singing all their songs and i had a fabulous evening!