Friday 22 April 2011

Good Friday Thoughts

From the sixth hour until the ninth hour darkness came over all the land.  About the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?" - which means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? … And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit.


Many women were there, watching from a distance.  They had followed Jesus from Galilee to care for his needs.  Among them were Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James and Joses, and the mother of Zebedee's sons.

New International Version of the Bible - Matthew 27, verses from passage 45-55.
Image - photo taken at Glasgow Necropolis.

Love, Liz

5 comments:

Vintage Sunday said...

Beautiful words indeed ~ Thank you for sharing them! How blessed we are to have a risen Saviour! A very Happy Easter to you Liz! Love Brenda

Scarlett said...

Have a very happy easter Liz. Scarlett x

Kylie said...

Hi Liz, they taste better than they look, but thanks for being so nice...
I hope you have a happy Easter. I was educated at a Catholic girl's school, but even though I don't go to mass these days I'm still moved by
what happened on Good Friday...thanks for reminding me.

Vintage Gal said...

What a lovel post ~ how blessed we are our saviour sacrificed his life for us ~

Sindy said...

Amen!
Blessings,
Sindy :)