Monday 11 July 2011

My New Vintage Dressing Table

I'm really pleased with my latest project.  After the success of my display cabinet, I wanted something else to do.



Remember I gave you a little hint a while ago - now its finished!


Found in a charity shop!  Unfortunately the wood was water-stained and not in very good condition.  Hubby did the taking apart and sanding.


I did the painting.


Didn't have a proper dressing table in my guest room, and had been looking for something for ages.  Didn't particularly like any of the modern styles I'd seen, as the room is quite ... vintage/old fashioned (not sure what the word is)!


Love the shape of its legs and the delicacy of it - sometimes older furniture can be quite bulky.  Think the mirror is just lovely!

Kept it quite simple, but no doubt things will start to accumulate on it - I'm thinking old photos, sheet music, glass bottles etc - would be great for display.  If I ever have a shop, that's what I would use it for!
Love, Liz

18 comments:

Protector of Vintage said...

Oh my! You did a wonderful job. It's gorgeous!

Kylie said...

You've done a marvelous job Liz. Yes I'd definetely call it a very pretty vintage dressing table...it suits the room so well...lucky guests! It really reflects a lot of light back into the room too by the looks of it x

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

Liz it looks absolutely stunning now! (am also jealous of your serene looking guest-room. Do you do B&B?)

My dressing table accumulates finds at an alarming rate, can hardly see it anymore.

Scarlett said...

A-MAZING! Loving the make-over and you wouldnt think it was the same piece! Scarlett x

Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said...

Utterly gorgeous. You've done it again, you talented revamper you!

Shortbread and Ginger said...

Thanks for your lovely comments!
Liz

Jem said...

Liz it's just gorgeous, understated and elegant :-) You've done a brilliant job and I love the simple styling. Looks effortlessly chic which isn't an easy thing!!! (I've been attempting to do effortlessly chic myself and failed lol!)

Jem xXx

Rachael said...

Oh my word - what an amazing job you've done, that is truely gorgeous x

keshling said...

That's really lovely!!!

K xx

bellaboo said...

A brilliant makeover! I love it! Well done hubby helping with the prep too. :0)

Vintage Gal said...

Liz ~ this little dressing table is just perfect ~ I absolutely LOVE IT~! ;-)

*Susycottage* said...

The dressing table has come to you
which is a wonderful, beautiful
the mirror, go well together.
a hug
Suzy x

Unknown said...

Liz I absolutely love it, what a fantastic job and what a pretty guest room, love that wallpaper xx

The Vintage Knitter said...

Your dressing table is so pretty - its worthy of a make-over feature in a magazine like Homes & Antiques.

P.S. Thanks for commenting and following my blog too - I thought I would return the compliment.

Maria Andrade said...

I was delighted with these two last posts of yours.
The dressing table had quite a change... so pretty and elegant now!
Congratulations for the team work with your husband.
Maria A.

Little Nell said...

It looks a picture. It’s a gift to have the vision of how it will look when re-vamped. You’ve inspired me to crack on with a project that’s been hanging over me for a while.

Jill Marcott-McCall ~Feathers & Flight~ said...

Good Morning Liz
This turned out Lovely! Its amazing how a little Paint can give a piece a completely different look! Beautiful and Fresh!
Thank you for your Visit and Kind Words!
Have a Wonderful Day!
Hugs
Jill

Heloise said...

Love it !! amazing what a little paint can do.

Heloise