Sunday 25 September 2011

Roslyn Tea

Have a look at the lovely tea set I found in a charity shop this week.  I think that it is so pretty.


It has been very well used, which to me just adds to its charm, because it means that it hasn't been sitting in a china cabinet or at the back of a cupboard.


I like to think that it was some lovely old lady's everyday china.  Sentimental - I know, but I occasionally like to make up little histories for my favourite finds.  Does anyone else do that?


I asked the lady in the charity shop if I could collect it the next day, as I had shopping to do.  When I eventually opened the package to wash the dishes I discovered a wee added bonus.


One of the saucers didn't match - but it was this beautiful Roslyn China Azalea pattern saucer.  Somehow it just added to the tea set's charm.


This tea set if my first find for ages!  The charity shop shelves have been a bit sparse and over-priced recently.  Hopefully things are now improving.

Love, Liz

I'm linking with Sophie at Her Library Adventures for Flea Market Finds.

Martha for Tea Cup Tuesday




18 comments:

Vintage Sweetheart said...

It's very pretty! A great find.


E :)

fabriquefantastique said...

so charming...specially like the square sandwich plates.

Anonymous said...

love the tea set I do like the ones that are hand painted a fabulous find .
xx fee

Missy said...

Beautiful! I love square plates, and the flowers are gorgeous colours.
I make up stories about my finds sometimes too!
x

Mum said...

Very pretty set indeed - I'm jealous. I love the painted flowers, so refreshing to look at.
Love from Mum
xx

Protector of Vintage said...

Very, very pretty!

The Joyful Thrifter said...

Oh that set has the sweetest charm surrounding it! Great find. I would have picked it up too!

Smiles,
The Joyful Thrifter

sara said...

I think I'll tag along with you next time you go thrift shopping as I never seem to find such fantastic treasures........the tea set is so pretty. x

Scarlett said...

Its lovely, and yay for the added bonus, certainly adds to its charm. Scarlett x

Karen S Booth said...

SO charming and very 30's with the square shaped plates I LOVE it. I just love stuff like this, what a wonderful find Liz.
Karen

Ava said...

Really pretty stuff. You find such lovely treasure xx Ava

Shortbread and Ginger said...

Thanks for all your lovely comments. Great finds like this seem to be getting rarer in charity shops!
Liz

bellaboo said...

How lovely! It's fun when you find gems like those in the CS.Tea tastes so much better out of a pretty cup too,don't you think? :0)

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Hi Liz,
that cup is truly beautiful. The hand painting makes it very special. I like that you think about the history of your finds. They surely have. Thank you for sharing your treasures.
Best greetings, Johanna

Snap said...

I love your new teacup... a trio ... lucky girl! And, a surprise, too! What fun! Love the bright yellow. It's been a little sparse here, too. I'm always delighted to give a teacup a home! Happy tea day!

Micupoftea said...

Well loved, indeed! What a little treasure....I like the hand painting on it. Happy Fall~
shawn

Terri said...

Well loved only makes it better! What a lovely find you have here. I think it is a very pretty set, and hand painted too! It is very vintage looking.
Thank you so much for sharing it with us, and glad you found it!
Hugs,
Terri

Catherine said...

very nice!