Sunday 9 October 2011

Look Out, Birds!

I found this unusual little tray cloth in a charity shop recently.  Instead of the usual floral embroidery, it is decorated with a picture of a hunter about to shoot birds.  His faithful gundog is by his side.


Love his red coat and top hat!


I thought it would look good with my Royal Doulton coffee set called "The Coppice". 


When I lined it up ...


looks like the pheasants are in his sights!


Love, Liz

Looking forward to seeing what everyone else has found at Flea Market Finds.

9 comments:

Kandi said...

What a great little find, it really does match that crockery so well. I'm always keeping my eyes peeled for tray cloths it amazes me that people give them away.
Kandi x

Karen S Booth said...

A great match and so Autumnal too......love your china treasures.
Karen

Gina said...

Wow, it is a perfect match! Lovely both your treasures! :)

Rachael said...

Love how you'd made it all match!

Jem said...

Oh Liz!! These are fantastic finds!!! I'm so in love with any of the old hunting and country scenes on porcelain and I've never seen a tray cloth quite like that anywhere - it matches so beautifully! :-)

Jem xXx

Claire said...

Hey Liz, what a fantastic tray cloth, beautifully embroidered and such an unusual picture........
It does go well with your coffee set and I think the pheasants would do well to keep out of the hunters way, lol....
I think that beats my sewing box find for sure.
Thanks for popping by, it was lovely to hear from you.

Claire :}

Tammy at Tammy Loves Dishes said...

I love how you lined up your china on the tray cloth! This is just too cute.

flowers on my table said...

What a charming little tray cloth Liz. It goes beautifully with your china, you are just missing the Dundee cake and Scottish shortbread. Just give us a shout and I'll be round! Love Linda x

Little Nell said...

Now that’s very creative!