Monday 7 November 2011

Souvenir Map - In Fabric

Thought these were very unusual!


They measure 20"x20" - think they may be scarves or bandanas, but I'm not sure.  They are made in a thin cotton fabric.


I think they are from South Korea - I picked them up in a charity shop for a few pence each.  The bright colours attracted me, but they are not the sort of thing I usually go for.  What do you think they are?



They seem to depict an area of South Korea, and there would appear to be a theme park in there too.


Not sure what to do with them - bag or cushion cover or something completely different?  What would you do?

Love, Liz

8 comments:

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

Some kind of tourist souvenir I suppose, they'd definitely make an unusual bag or cushion. Nick from Collecting Feathers makes cushions from souvenir teatowels of Australia, and they look really good with bobble trim round the outside.

blackenpot said...

Unusual patterns, I think I would go for a bag.

Enjoy your brand new week.

lucy joy said...

I've e-mailed my friend in South Korea. Wonder if she will shed some light...
They would make lovely present bags, a gift within a gift.

Shortbread and Ginger said...

Thanks - it would be good to get some more information. Great suggestion!
Liz

Catherine said...

When i was in Japan, it was used as carrier bags.They tied it to make a bag.

Little Nell said...

They’re certainly unusual and very bright. Don’t think I’d wear one though!

Unknown said...

Hi, I'm the friend Lucy emailed. I asked a colleague and he said they look like souvenir handkerchiefs. The mountains of Korea are like national parks, they have lots of trails and gift shops etc. There is no theme park, the cable car is just to take you up to the top of the mountain.

Hope that helps!

Shortbread and Ginger said...

Lauren - thanks for the info! Looks like an interesting place. Wonder how these handkerchiefs ended up in a charity shop in Scotland!
Liz