Wednesday 7 December 2011

Migrating Ornaments!

Ok - so, you know when you get the boxes of Christmas decorations down from the loft - do any of you find things, bits and bobs that -

a.        aren't anything to do with Christmas
b.        you don't remember putting away with the Christmas tat stuff
c.         you've been looking for for ages

Well, that's just happened to me!  I found an old Black Magic chocolates tin and a vase that belonged to my Gran!  How on earth did they migrate to the deccy box?


Love this tin.  An old lady gave it to me ages ago.  Don't know when it was issued, but if anyone knows, I would love to find out.


Then there's this vase.  Faded - probably wouldn't even pick it up in a charity shop - but it belonged to my Gran.  I can remember it filled with flowers on her sideboard.  Then my Mum had it for a while - on the kitchen window sill filled with flowers.  Then I get it and it ends up with the Christmas stuff! 


Going to find a permanent home for it - on my dresser, I think!

Love, Liz

13 comments:

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

Haven't found anything that shouldn't be there, but I have discovered I have a ridiculous number of baubles and clearly need help. I have 200+ just of the round kind, that's not counting felt things I've made, shaped ornaments, bells etc

I always used to buy my Mum Black Magic when I was little, I felt they were very sophisticated compared to Milk Tray!

Rachael said...

They weren't in the Christmas tree decoration box but we stumbled across old Japanese tea sets and a mini Singer sewing machine that we had totally forgotten about in my parents loft. Its rather exciting when you re-find things. That vase is really pretty though - some of the compacts that were my grans aren't in the best of conditions but I didn't have the heart to give them up - memories sometimes come over condition.

Deborah said...

Wow, love the tin, I have an old cardboard box of chocolates that my mum had with embroidery threads in :)

Bee happy x
Have a delcious day!

bellaboo said...

The vase is lovely and far too pretty to be hidden away in the loft!
I'm hoping hubby will be getting the decs down tonight.I can't get at them,as we don't have a loft ladder.He has to stand on the top of the step ladder and then haul himself up! :0)

VintageVicki said...

You didn't happen to find a small christmas tree did you?? We had one and its gone walkabouts :(

Scarlett said...

The tin is awesome! I havent been into the loft yet for my crimbo decs so cant say what im going to find - eek! Scarlett x

21 Wits said...

It just goes to show...life is awesome no matter what you do right!

Kylie said...

I am yet to hunt out our decs as we don't put up our tree until the 12th...only a few days left to get my act into gear.
I love the choccy tin Liz, very simple and stylish and your Gran's vase, although faded, is lovely. I hope you pop some flowers in it soon x

Mum said...

Lovely vase - definitely put it on your dresser and fill it with flowers, then take a pic for us all to see.
Love from Mum
xx

La Vie Quotidienne said...

I always have trouble finding things that I stored away when I put out the holiday decorations...sometimes it takes days before I can remember where I stashed something.

Catherine said...

Since last year everything is in special plastic boxes, but i did not found yet the ideal keeping...I am on the way!

Miss Rayne said...

The tin dates from the 1930s, its such a fantastic design isn't it, I based the design of my website on it 10 years ago, then reversed it so today its white and black
www.wickedladycollectables.co.uk

Shortbread and Ginger said...

Thanks, Miss Rayne - I checked out yur website and it looks amazing.
Liz