Thursday 12 January 2012

Not Counting My Chickens!

I'm certainly not counting my chickens - purely because I have quite a lot of them.  I was moaning remarking that I needed somewhere to put them which would show them off properly.  This little chicken house was hubby's solution - he made it from a few bits and pieces of wood.  Isn't it cute?


"The girls" love it! 


Does anyone remember an Australian series from the 80s which I think was called A Country Practice?  It used  to be on in the afternoon.  I remember watching this when I was pregnant with Son#1 and there was a woman on this who called her (real) chickens - "the girls"!

The new chick is settling in well - hope she isn't being led astray by those other two!


Kylie - hope you don't mind your little dish being used in this way, but they love it, and so do I!




Not everyone's happy - even with some lovely clean straw!


Well, at least some of my chickens have a proper place to live now - thanks to hubby!


Love, Liz
I was delighted when BettyJean over at Shabby Tea Party asked if she could feature my tea cosies on her blog.  Why not pop over and pay her a visit.

19 comments:

Vintage Sweetheart said...

A country practice was a favourite in most houses in the 80's. My Mum still cries when thinking of the scene when Molly died. Your Hubby did a brilliant job on the "chook house." The girls look great.

Used-to-Bees said...

That's so sweet, and what a thoughtful gift. I love the shocked look on the face of the one on the right hand side of the cage - they really do look like they're having a conversation!
x

bellaboo said...

I love your little chicken house and your collection too! Clever hubby.
Have a lovely weekend. :0)

Paulette said...

Cute blog, your husband is a very handy man. Your chicken coop looks fantastic. I like the color he painted this piece.♥

Tina said...

That's beautiful! Your chickens are so cute! xx

Rachael said...

Your husband did a great job making the cabinet!

Sylvia said...

Your husband made a great chicken house, Liz !
The chickens are all so cute !
Nice day,
Sylvia

Mum said...

Clever hubby!
Love from Mum
xx

Mimi and Tilly said...

That's gorgeous, I love the straw in there too! Your chickens are gorgeous too. Wishing you a magical 2012. Em xx

Emma Breadstill said...

Hi Liz,
Thank you for your lovely comment over at mine and for following. I love your chicken coop, what a clever hubby you have. And your tea cosies are fabulous.

Lots of love xxx

Jelly Jam said...

What a smart way to display your chickens. V impressed with your hubs carpentry skills!
Ellie
x

Anne said...

I used to love country practice too and watched it when I was at home with my sons as babies.
I would love to have a couple of real chickens in my back garden but sadly dont have room.I think they are so cute.I have got a ceramic chicken somewhere, it is probably still in one of the boxes waiting to be unpacked when we moved 2 years ago.X

Betty said...

The girls look so comfy each nested in her own space. Your hubby did a great job making their coop. Love the curvy detailing on the top and the chicken wire on the doors. Warm Hugs,

Pene said...

Oh your hubby is so clever, what a lovely coop for your girls.

Claire said...

How lucky are your chickens having such a wonderful display cabinet to reside in......

Well done to hubby, he's one handy fella...

Nice little collection too Liz,

Claire :}

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

Good work that husband - it looks great! I could see those selling.

Anonymous said...

Love your chook house. I call my chooks girls.

*Susycottage* said...

Good job, now your
"girls" have a little house
of their own.
a hug
Susy x

Kylie said...

Such a lovely little hen house for your girls Liz!