Sunday 2 December 2012

Pressies and Perth

Spent a lovely day in the Fair City of Perth, Scotland yesterday and returned home to discover the arrival of a parcel from the Fair Kylie of Perth, Australia!  What a happy coincidence!


 
Beautifully wrapped in vintage goodness was a lovely vintage Christmas card.

 
And also ------ a wonderful kitschy scotty dishtowel!  Another amazing co-incidence as I had just put a scotty dog pic on my blog on Friday!

 
Great minds think alike, Kylie!  (Or isn't there another saying - fools seldom differ!)  Thank you so much - you are a star!

So did I get any vintagy thingies in Perth? 

 
Yup!  Good find in this Biggles book - Christmas pressy for #1 son who has collected them since he was a wee boy.  Actually that was my way of getting round the charity shops when he was little - I'd send him off to look for "his" books then I got peace to look at the sort of things I'm interested in.  Thought he'd grow out of it - #2 son not interested whatsoever in tat chazza stuff!  Fortunately, neither read my blog so I'm not giving any secrets away!

 
I'm off to put up my tree which I don't usually do till the middle of the month, but feel the need for some light and sparkle about the place.  Bing Crosby singing, a glass of something fizzy and the memories that my tree ornaments bring back - ah what a wonderful way to spend a Sunday afternoon!

 
Enjoy the rest of your weekend. 

Love, Liz

13 comments:

skiourophile said...

I love Biggles books - what a great find.

Trudy said...

Aah, Bing ... he's universal, isn't he?

elizabeth said...

Loved the book list --all the people I remember from childhood!
Yes, I'm getting festive early this year
too many floods and too much gloom!
Have a wonderful Christmas season!

Riitta Sinikka said...

Lovely things!♥ Christmas hugs! xxx riitta ♥

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Isn't it fun getting a package with such lovelys!

claire said...

ah lovely! sounds like a great Sunday. Ive been feeding my woodburner and doing some housework in between reading blogs :)

fabriquefantastique said...

scottie dog tea towel....too adorable

Heidi Lisa said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Enjoy Bing, Christmas lights and your fizzy....sounds like Christmas fun to me.

Mum said...

Our decs are starting to go up today, White Christmas playing.
Love from Mum
xx

Max said...

i so agree, you totoally cant beat a bit of croon at christmas, my sinatra sings christmas has been on heavy rotation since the 1st!!! lovely presents from Kylie, and great biggles finds, my husband has been collecting them since he was a boy and inherited his fathers collection x

A Treasured Past said...

Aww, how cute are the scotty dogs. What a lovely gift. The Biggles books are harder to come by these days, great find. Enjoy the new week, Tam x

sky-blu-pink said...

Like Elizabeth, I remember fondly the authors on the book list. Sounds like you had a lovely day.

Kylie said...

I've got my Dad's old boyhood Biggles - bit tatty, but I treasure them x