Tuesday 26 March 2013

Left Behind!

Today's finds are this lovely sugar dish and milk jug from a local charity shop.

 
I've had to bump up the colour in the photo as it came out rather wishy-washy and nondescript looking (a bit like how I feel at the moment)!

 
They are vintage Duchess china and are a lovely shade of green which will go very well with my vintage green cups and saucers.

 
What I Didn't Buy Today While Out Charity Shopping

This should be the title of today's post as there were so many lovely things which I had to leave behind.  I saw a couple of fantastic pieces of furniture which, if I had a shed or garage (or even better - a shop), would have come home with me immediately!

a)       one of those little half-moon hall tables - my Mum used to keep the telephone on one in our house. 

b)        a little hostess table on wheels with pull out sides and a shelf underneath.

c)        60s wooden bookcase with glass doors in immaculate condition

All under a tenner each!  A coat of Annie Sloan paint and they would have been gorgeous!  I also saw a wonderful art deco dressing table and sideboard, reasonably priced.  Arghhhh ... if only!

Hope you've found some lovely things recently.  Pop over to -
Ta-Da Tuesday hosted by Lakota
and
Op Shop Show Off hosted by Max.
There are always some amazing finds, clothes and crafts to be discovered!


Love, Liz

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, it's tough leaving things behind. If I keep thinking of them, I usually go back and get em! Love the delicate shade of green on the creamer and auger bowl - so pretty.

Paulette said...

What a pretty shade of green the sugar bowl and creamer are, and the graceful handle is wonderful.

Protector of Vintage said...

Very pretty!! Sounds like you DO need a shop!!

Rustic Vintage Country said...

Lovely Finds! x

21 Wits said...

Very pretty, you always have the perfect finds on display!

Vintage Sheet Addict said...

I know what you mean.....I keep seeing lots of lovely bits of furniture but don't have enough room! Sooooo frustrating! :) x

Heather @ This Mum Rocks said...

I had a little hostess table/ tea trolley as part if my office furniture at my last job. It was so versatile! My agh, I should have picked that up item was an orange kitchen scale for $12 (I had already spent my op shop allowance) funny thing was I saw it a couple days later at the local arts and crafts market being used as a display stand. Glad it went to a good home!

September Violets said...

Such a pretty set you did bring home. The bookcase would've been hard for me to leave behind. I have a love of glass doors, although I don't have ONE glass doored cabinet in my house! One day :) Wendy

Holly May B said...

Beautiful! I've got a pretty bone china set - at my parent's house! We don't have a china cabinet or anywhere to keep them that they'd be safe (toddler-proof more to the point).

Patricia said...

Do you know, I've had to stop buying all these goodies In the charity shops but I hate it. I simply do not have the room for any more. Your cups and saucers are lovely.
Patricia x

Patricia said...

Sorry I meant sugar bowl and milk jug! x

sky-blu-pink said...

These are lovely, I know ts really hard to leave things behind, I did today, a little cup and bowl with a bamboo design. I thought, "not old enough and not my colour" but now I regret it! May well telephone them tomorrow and ask it to be put by for me until Thursday . . .

Rose H (UK) said...

What sweet things you DID bring home though :o)
Rose H
x

Old Magnolia Tree said...

Ohh i really hate that too when I have to leave behind some wonderful finds. It would nearly break my heart at times. But what can you do Liz, if we bought everything we saw, there would be no room to live in our houses!!
Rosie xx

Curtise said...

Such delicate, pretty china. I find it hard to leave dresses behind... and I love the sound of all your ones-that-got-away pieces! xxx

Allison said...

im using you as inspiration today....and going to try and leave stuff behind!...its a skill im yet to master! x

Miss Simmonds Says said...

I'm a big fan of that delicate green too, they're so dainty, I love it! X

Jo said...

What a gorgeous shaped little jug. Love the sound of the hostess trolley too. A few weeks ago I saw a set of 6 pastel coloured arcopal cups and saucers for about £2. Why I didn't buy them I do not know. I also saw an old brownie camera in a second hand shop last month and regret not buying that either. Arrgh!

Robyn of Oz said...

Love your new china!
I don't know how you could leave the wonderful finds behind - I would find space if I could!

Little Nell said...

Lovely finds Liz but how could you walk away from that bookcase?

vintage grey said...

Such beautiful new treasures!! xo Heather

Max said...

beautiful china, i love the colour and it's gold edges. greenock must be a bit of a china trove i think! hope your feeling better and enjoying the easter break (in he snow?) x