Tuesday 25 June 2013

Toy Shop Print by Anton Pieck

I love these illustrations by the Dutch illustrator Anton Pieck (1895-1987).  They are so Dickensian in character.  I've had a few of these prints on my wall for ages - almost forgot they were there.

 
This one of an old fashioned toy shop is my favourite.

 
There is so much detail - look at all the little toys.

 
I like the warmth in this one of an old tavern.

 
Love the different characters - especially this sad old man and the little dog trying to comfort him - sweet.

 
Love, Liz

6 comments:

Terra said...

These prints are charming. I imagine you living on the west coast of Scotland, my husband and I watched a tv show about the Shetland Islands and the area and it is beautiful.

Mum said...

So beautiful getting lost in another world.
Love from Mum
xx

Emma Kate at Paint and Style said...

How gorgeous! I love the toy shop one too. x

Rustic Vintage Country said...

That old tavern reminds me of the tavern in the Harry Potter films, can't remember what it's called though. x

Sharon said...

I love those illustrations also just beautiful

sky-blu-pink said...

Gorgeously nostalgic!