Thursday 10 October 2013

Canada Vacation

Just got back from a fabulous holiday in Canada.  I was staying near Toronto with my brother and the weather was fantastic - temperature reached 24 degrees on a couple of days.  Loved just sitting in the sunshine reading and relaxing!  Here are a few photos of some of the little creatures I spotted.

 
This little chipmunk enjoyed some berries.

 
On my last day (Tuesday) I manage to photograph this huge butterfly - gorgeous colours.


 
So now its back to reality - washing, ironing, cleaning etc!!!  Never mind - I've had a marvellous break.  Canada is a wonderful country.  Hope to visit again soon.
 
Love, Liz
 

13 comments:

Marjorie said...

Glad you had a lovely holiday in Ontario. I hope the next time you come over, you can see more of the country.

Robyn of Oz said...

What a lovely holiday. I love your photo of the chipmunk. He looks like he's a tiny critter.
I would imagine you've noticed the difference already with how much earlier the sun would seem to be setting since you left.
Here in Oz we have already started daylight saving (hate it). Summer will be in my neck of the woods eventually. :)

Anne said...

Welcome back, Liz. I bet the good old Scottish temperatures feel "freeznin" after the warmth of Canada!

Vix said...

I wondered where you'd gone! Welcome back! Glad you had a lovely time and some glorious weather, love your snaps - more, please! x

Connie said...

Canada really is a great country. They were lucky to have you around for a while!

Little Nell said...

Another country on my list! Lovely butterfly pic.

Erna said...

Looks like it has been a wonderful holiday..
Hugs
Erna

Patricia said...

So glad you enjoyed your stay in Canada and the weather sounded as though it was very pleasant, perfect for chilling out.
Patricia x

Rose H (UK) said...

Hi Liz
Great photos. So pleased you've had a wonderful time. It's been around 33 years since I was in Ontario, a beautiful place :o)
Rose H
xx

Anonymous said...

Oh so cool, welcome back and glad you had a wonderful time! I miss Canada this time of year; it's always so warm and sunny and the leaves are so gorg. Xo

GardenOfDaisies said...

Glad you had a good visit! You got really good pics of that Monarch butterfly! Aren't the chipmunks cute? We have a few living under our front steps.

Anonymous said...

I still haven't been to Toronto. Must put it on my list because it always sounds like a great place to visit.

Anne said...

Welcome home! Glad you had a great time and the weather good to you. It's so nice to catch up with loved ones too especially when they live overseas .