Monday 14 October 2013

Food Glorious Food

One of the most interesting places I saw on my recent visit to Toronto was the St Lawrence Market on Front Street.

 
There are lots of vendors selling just about every type of food you can imagine.  The sights and smells inside will make you very hungry - so be prepared.  There are live lobsters (and some already cooked) on the seafood stalls as well as just about every species of seafood you can imagine.!  Another stall had just about every cheese you have heard of, and many you might not have!  Herbs and spices, baked goods, speciality foods, foods from all over the world and the biggest steaks I've ever seen - just some of what's on offer.

 
There are also a few little craft stalls too.  The building itself is old and inside there are lots of photographs of its use in previous times.  There's a cafe on the veranda where you can sit and enjoy the surroundings.  If you are ever in Toronto, you must pay a visit to the St Lawrence Market!

 
Love, Liz

Can I ask a little favour, please?
I've started a separate blog called "The Greenockian" which, as you have probably guessed, it all about my hometown of Greenock. 
Would you mind popping over and having a wee look.
I'll be writing about its history and people.  If you have liked my posts about Greenock on this blog, then I'm sure you will enjoy The Greenockian.  I feel a bit lonely just having one follower!
Thanks, Liz

9 comments:

Vix said...

What glorious blue skies, I feel warmer already! x

Little Nell said...

One of the joys of travel is sampling all the different food.

Vintage Sheet Addict said...

I would leave a trail of drool behind me! :) x

Anne said...

Lovely to hear about your travels.

fabriquefantastique said...

LIZ....you should have got in touch with me......I sell at the Brickworks farmers market on Saturdays....we couls have had a chat. Glad you had a good time in Torronna....

Streetcomber said...

Lovely little glimpse of Toronto, it's somewhere I'd like to visit.

Anne said...

It sounds like an amazing place! :o)

Curtise said...

I love a good food market, sounds fabulous and the building looks beautiful too. xxx

Patricia said...

Would love to visit Canada and thanks for giving us a taster of Toronto, it looks lovely. I'll be popping over to your other blog in a minute.
Patricia x