Sunday 24 November 2013

On A Cold and Frosty Morning

It was a cold and frosty morning, but I wasn't skipping round a mulberry bush!  (You must remember that nursery rhyme.)

 
I was out taking photographs.  The sun was shining and making even mundane things look absolutely magical!  This is the roof of a bus shelter.  The sun made the frost look like colourful glitter.

 
The sun reflected off the Clydeport cranes - they looked electric!


 
Another glorious Greenock day.

Love, Liz

Did you know that a Greenock man, Gilbert Cameron, built the Smithsonian in Washington way back in the 1850s?  You can read about it here.

5 comments:

Jacqui Wise said...

Frosty mornings offer some great opportunities for photos. A little milder down south today but I'm sure the frosts will be with us soon. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Anne said...

Ours was a bit of a gloomy rainy morning this morning. I dont mind frost, it usually means sun and fine weather later in the day.

sky-blu-pink said...

Wow, great light! I can forgive a cold day if it is sunny!

Erna said...

Seeing the cranes from the Clyde , make me a little homesick...I'm longing for Glasgow..
Hugs
Erna

Anne said...

It's another cold and frosty morning here today. Oh well, at least it's not raining - or snowing!! :oO