Thursday 31 December 2015

Honey, I found the parsnips!

Ok - so yesterday, I found the parsnips that should have been cooked on Christmas Day!


I searched high and low on Christmas Day for these blinking things.  The family even helped, but then assumed that Mum was "losing it"!  They even suggested I hadn't actually bought them. But I knew I had, I just couldn't find them.  Of course they were "hidden" in plain sight - second tray of the vegetable rack.  They look a bit scabby now - but they'll make a great pot of soup!


Don't know about you, but I always, for some reason,  miss something out when I've a big meal to cook.  Ah well, there was so much food, I don't think anyone really missed them.

Love, Liz

8 comments:

Kezzie said...

but i bet you sappreciated the nice soup!!!

Fiona said...

Glad it's not just me then! Today I spent 30 minutes looking for my tripod, also hidden in plain sight as I walked past it twice but I was convinced it was in a cupboard! That soup will be v. tasty. Happy Hogmanay!

Mum said...

Don't 'lose it' next year! Resolution no. 1 for you - say out loud where you put things. It doesn't always help but it may do with the parsnips next Christmas.
xx

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

Luckily Mr FHCS did all the prep and cooking Christmas day and irritatingly didn't even break a sweat! Happy new year!

forties@heart said...

Yes, I know the feeling, it's so frustrating when you find the missing ingredient when your tidying up. I usually forget something in the microwave! Happy New Year X

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind words about Nelson Crest!! I do love to "play" with it!
Happy New Year!!
Hugs,
Debbie

Christine M said...

Don't worry Liz. That's happened to me before too. Not as bad as the time I was on retreat and had made a cauliflower cheese for the family to have for dinner. They told me is wasn't as nice as I made which I couldn't understand as I had made it. It would have been lovely if it had been taken out of the oven on Friday night, not 9.00 the next morning!

Sheila said...

I forgot the bread sauce for Christmas dinner....until we were half way through.