I made myself a new lampshade today. I love lamps that cast interesting shadows.
I searched through my lace tin to find something that I thought would look good on this old frame. I'm ashamed to say that I've had this for ages, in fact you can read my blog post about finding it along with a gorgeous vintage plate.
It took me a wee while to get sorted - I ended up using double sided sticky tape to keep the lace from slipping as I tried to sew it together.
It looked lovely earlier today when the sun was shining! (Yes, we do occasionally get some sunshine here in Greenock!)
Now that I've switched it on - it makes a lovely pattern on the wall.
I'm quite pleased with it and it is another project that I've been meaning to do for a long time scored off the list!