Wednesday 2 January 2019

Forgotten Royal Winton

It's amazing what you find when you clear out cupboards!



I had totally forgotten about this dish - how could I have done that!  It was one of the first vintage china pieces that I ever bought - many, many years ago.

It is a beautiful Royal Winton, Grimwades, Queen Anne dish (made in England).


I love the pattern - just like cross stitch.


I blogged about another dish I have in the same pattern here.  But I much prefer the shape of this dish.


It is now where it belongs - displayed on my dining room Welsh dresser.


Perhaps one day I will get around to making an actual cross stitch piece from this pattern!
Liz

7 comments:

Polyester Princess said...

I'm a little bit of a hoarder, so clearing out any cupboard always yields one or two surprises ;-) What a stunning dish that is. It would be amazing if you could make an actual cross stitch piece from this pattern! xxx

Unknown said...

This is lovely Liz. New Years always makes us nostalgic aye x

Lilly's Mom said...

It's a lovely dish. Isn't it fun to find somethibg you have tucked away and it's a surprise all over again? Wishing you a Happy New Year, Pat

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

What a beautiful piece of china! A cross stitch sample is a great idea! A Happy New Year to you!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

The pattern is so pretty and yes, just like a cross stitch. It is very much like Royal Albert's Petite Point pattern of which I have several pieces. Happy New Year!

Kezzie said...

Oooh, that is lovely!! Well done on remembering about it!

Rachel said...

So gorgeous! I love the cross stitch pattern!

Rachel
Tea With Me and Friends