Saturday 30 March 2019

Measure by measure

These two little pewter measuring cups have been in the family for many years.


They are like mini tankards.  The small one is just four and a half cm high and holds 25 ml of fluid.  The larger on is five and a half cm and holds 50 ml of fluid. 


Think they were used in a pub to measure out alcohol.


The wording on the underside is "Harry Mason Ltd, Birmingham" - the company still make items for bars and has been in business for over 200 years!


I keep these in my china cabinet, but now that I've photographed them, I was thinking it might be time for a polish, but I love the patina of age on them.  What do you think?

Have a great weekend.

Love, Liz

4 comments:

Crimson Kettle said...

They look full of character!

Kim said...

Oh, I love the patina of your pewter measuring cups. They are fabulous.

Polyester Princess said...

They're lovely family heirlooms, and I think polishing them and removing their patina would definitely detract from their attraction. xxx

Julie said...

They are lovely, don't polish them, they look perfect as they are