Thursday 11 April 2019

A final finish and a find

Finally got around to completely finishing off my latest cross stitch Christmas Is ... by Lizzie Kate.


Made a little wall hanging by attaching the cross stitch to some red tartan and adding a little wire hanger through some tartan ribbon.


Used a different tartan for the back.  Think I'll put it here beside the cooker when Christmas time comes around - that is if I remember where I've put it by then!


As for my find - got these two wooden candlesticks in a charity shop for just £1.  They will be sanded and painted white and I think they will look really good in my kitchen.  Yes, the flowers behind them are the ones I blogged about at the end of March - they have lasted really well!


Hope you are having a good day.

Love, Liz

7 comments:

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

I love how you used the tartan...perfect!

Julie said...

Your little Lizzie Kate turned out really well.
I love wood, the candelsticks look in really good condition.

butterfly said...

Love your Christmas stitching and a lovely finish.

Polyester Princess said...

Love the finishing wall hanging with the two different kinds of tartan, and what a great find those candlesticks were! xxx

Jeanette said...

Love you Christmas hanging & the candlesticks are a great find. Hugs,xx

Crimson Kettle said...

Delightful ๐Ÿ˜Š

Linda P said...

I'm sure you enjoyed stitching the Christmas hanging with its sweet quote and tartan backing. The wooden candle sticks were a great find! Have a good week.