Sunday 19 May 2019

Autumn already?

Of course it's not autumn (unless of course you are in Australia) - "Autumn in the Village" is the name of my latest cross stitch finish.  The pattern is by Vinniey P S Tan for Cottage Garden Samplings.


I love stitching houses, so this was perfect for me.


I used DMC threads but changed the colour in the numbers down the side, thought the beige would look to insipid on the fabric I had chosen (18 count rustico aida in oatmeal).  Think I did the right thing.


Love it!  Now just have to decide how to frame it ... hmmmm!


Best bit about finishing a project is that I can now decide which of my other lovely new patterns I can make a start on!!!!!  Yeah!!!!

Had any new starts or finishes this week?

Love, Liz

10 comments:

Donna G. said...

Yes, it is exciting to finish a project and to start something new. Last week I finished The Drawn Thread Mini Calendar Cover - May. I am not going to use it as a pocket calendar cover but instead will finish it into a little pillow.

Sheila said...

Love, love, love it Liz. Like your change of colours too.
I'm working on the last bit of me pumpkin and hope to be able to start some witchy boots tomorrow.
Hugs-c-

Crimson Kettle said...

Yes, that really is the best bit! Lovely.

Maggie said...

Lovely finish, I like stitching houses too, there is something very satisfying about building little houses with x's :-)

Michelle Ridgway said...

Such sweet little houses....lovely work! And yes it is Autumn in Australia but here in Queensland we think someone has stolen it as it is still warm lol!

Polyester Princess said...

Another lovely cross-stitch project finished! And just in time for Autumn, as that's what it felt like today here in Belgium ;-) xxx

Tanza Erlambang said...

beautiful designs...love it

Julie said...

Nice finish, I do like your colour change, much prefer it.

Carol said...

What a cute finish, Liz! I so love Vinney's pretty designs :)

Linda P said...

Love the houses with the pretty colours. I'm not surprised that you enjoyed stitching this design. It's pretty and the colour change was a good choice.