Friday 24 May 2019

My vintage linen stash

I didn't realise I had so much vintage linen!


I was clearing out my fabric stash so that I knew exactly what I had which would be useful for finishing off my cross stitch projects when I came across all my vintage linen mixed amongst it!



Over the years I just picked up pretty little bits and pieces as I came across them.  It is a bit of a shock to see them all together.



I picked out some of the prettiest to show you today.  Many of these will have been hand embroidered.


I love them all and it is actually quite nice to see them all piled up together.


Happy Friday.

Love, Liz

12 comments:

Kim said...

One can never have too many pretty linens. You have a beautiful selection there.

Donna G. said...

What pretties you have. The purple thistle is outstanding.

Sheila said...

Aren't they gorgeous?
I remember my mother once sending for a parcel of assorted linens and threads to embroider tablecloths and doilies. I think she probably did about half a doily before she got fed up and sent them to a jumble sale. Oh how I wish I had them now to embroider myself.
Hugs-x-

busybusybeejay said...

Those are lovely.So much work has gone into them.

Heritage Hall said...

What an explosion of lovely color to open to when pulling open a drawer...So many of these items that are being discarded by unseeing
eyes should be cherished for the time and skill they entailed. Brava
to you for appreciating and preserving them.

mamasmercantile said...

Such a beautiful collection, stunning.

Jean said...

They are beautiful.

Crimson Kettle said...

Aren't they gorgeous, so much work and happy hours included with all the colour.

Julie said...

Such a lovely collection, I have quite a few that were stitched by my late mother in law, she was a wonderful embroiderer.

butterfly said...

Takes me back in time , you have a wonderful collection.

Michelle Ridgway said...

They are beautiful! Lovely to appreciate another Stitchers work from the past x

Polyester Princess said...

Oh, these are gorgeous, Liz! What a fabulous collection! xxx