Monday 17 June 2019

My Scottish cross stitch

I am so impressed by all the fabulous patriotic American cross stitch charts there are out there.  So I decided that I wanted something Scottish for myself.  None of the Scottish cross stitch patterns I've seen really appealed to me - so there was only one thing for it - I decided to design my own!


Started small with this little pillow with just Scotland and a thistle on it.  I backed it up with some tartan fabric.


Put it together with my vintage Scotland map and this little vintage piper lady doll - isn't she cute?


I've loads of ideas for more Scottish and hometown cross stitch patterns.  If I was fully finishing this one again I would add some tartan to the front - think it is a bit squashed looking. Never mind - we live and learn.

Dolly looks a wee bit startled in this picture - perhaps she's afraid of heights!

Love, Liz

7 comments:

Mary said...

Great font for your Scotland pillow, looking forward to seeing your next Scottish project!

butterfly said...

Lovely bit of Scotland , have fun.

mamasmercantile said...

A lovely make, I loved the Scottish dolly.

Crimson Kettle said...

Great idea.

Polyester Princess said...

How cute is that little piper lady doll? She does indeed look a bit startled. I think she's totally impressed by your cross stitching skills! xxx

Julie said...

The piper doll, that brought back memories... I had some of them in different tartan from when I visited my grandfather when I was younger - I wonder what happened to them? Always went into the tourist shop and had one, well I was from a different country being from England!!
Lovely stitched pillow

RJ said...

I love your Scotland stitch...it looks wonderful. I have been out of town for about five weeks and I'm just now catching up with all of my blogging friends. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever