Friday 3 January 2020

Do you remember Aqua Manda bubble bath?

Aqua Manda - not not the latest mermaid cartoon, but a fragrance by Goya popular in the 70s.  I certainly remember the packaging - it was so trendy ... at the time.



What about Maxi perfume from Max Factor - very popular  back in the day!


I found these adverts in a retro Company magazine from October1979 - the very first issue!  I had kept it all this time.


Fashions were amazing - I really liked these almost tomboyish styles although I drew the line at braces!  Cords and checked blouses - loved them!



Beautiful photograph of Jenny Agutter.


The one thing that struck me about this magazine was the number of advertisements for cigarettes and alcohol.  So many!  Not to mention home catalogues - remember them.  Just about everyone's Aunty had one - I got a lot of clothes from catalogues when I was a teenager because you could pay them up weekly.  Outdoor Girl mascara - a classic!



This magazine certainly brought back a few memories.  Hope these photos have for you too.

Love, Liz


5 comments:

Sheila said...

I remember the name Aqua Manda but I'm not sure if we ever used it when I was at home....we always seemed to have a mountain of bath cubes to use in horrible fragrances like lily of the valley and rose.

Can't remember the Maxi perfume but I always used Gingham or Charlie....or if I could get hold of it White Fire which was my favourite.

Loved the check blouses but not the cords so much. I did have some but they used to make me itch.

Hugs-x-

Unknown said...

I had a AquaManda as my wedding and honeymoon fragrance in 1971 - the entire range of bath stuff etc - can still get a slight whiff of it in my vintage vanity case! Would love to experience the full fragrance again. Twan Renwick Hilton South Africa

Julie said...

Sadly I was only 8 tears old in 1971 so I guess I was outside on my bike whizzing about and these missed me.

Polyester Princess said...

I don't think we had Aqua Manda in Belgium, at least not as far as I know. I'm loving the vintage images, and the picture of the very young Jenny Agutter! xxx

Vix said...

That fashion shoot from 1979 is exactly how I used to dress as a teenager - braces and all! x