Wednesday 12 February 2020

February finishes

So far, February has been a great month for cross stitch finishes!  Perhaps the awful weather has had something to do with it!


I was so pleased to finish Jane Marshall 1857.  It is a gorgeous reproduction sampler from Hands Across the Sea Samplers and is being sold in aid of rural firefighters in New South Wales, Australia.  You can read more about it here.


Love the soft colours of this beautiful sampler and really enjoyed stitching it.


My next finish was a Christmas House from Waxing Moon Designs.  Getting a good start on my Christmas ornaments this year.


Thirdly, as a wee break from my Jane Marshall sampler, I stitched up this cute little freebie from The Snowflower Diaries - Tulips With Bunny.  Isn't that little guy so cute!  There's supposed to be a border round it, but I decided to leave it out.  Tea dyed the Aida fabric myself.


Both the Christmas house and the bunny will be turned into little cushions, but I think I might get the sampler properly framed.



Hope you are managing to get some good stitchy times this month.

Love, Liz


10 comments:

Sheila said...

Absolutely gorgeous Liz. I love the house as you might guess :)
I'm so glad I 'found' cross stitching again after all these years.
Hugs-x-

Jan said...

Beautiful stitching! I've started cross stitching again and am enjoying it so much.

Polyester Princess said...

That sampler is gorgeous - and all for a good cause too! I'm also loving the tulips and bunny cross stitch. I do agree with you, it's perfect as it is, and does not really need a border. xxx

Julie said...

The tea dyed fabric looks great on your spring bunny.
Super sampler, its lovely

ellen said...

Your work is so beautiful. I love the colors in the sampler. Makes me want to start up a new project! I enjoy your blog-all the way from Michigan!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Such pretty projects...I love how the sampler turned out!

Crimson Kettle said...

Lovely colours.

Mary's Thread said...

Pretty stitches! I just started my Jane Marshall! She is so lovely!

Susanne said...

That is really lovely. I managed to start a new cross stitch this month, even though I still had a Christmas one in progress. The new one is simpler and for Easter, but I will be challenged to get it done by then.

Daisy Debs said...

Such a sweet sampler ! :) Hope all is well with you during this stormy weather :)