Monday 10 February 2020

Hello Dollies

I came across this gorgeous pattern book for dolls' clothes in my pile of vintage magazines.


There are patterns to sew and patterns to knit.


Patterns for baby dolls which are so cute!


Lots of lovely things to make for dollies.  I remember my granny making me clothes for my dolls when I was a little girl.  She was a brilliant seamstress and just made patterns up herself.  I occasionally made clothes for my dolls too.


This little booklet seems to be by designer Enid Gilchrist, from Australia and is one of a series.


Just so cute!  Did you make your own doll's clothes?

Love, Liz

5 comments:

Sheila said...

Oh yes I used to make my own doll's clothes from fabric and my mother used to make knitted clothes. The dress, hat and bootees bring back some memories.

I have made lots of doll clothes for Ruby. I just love making tiny dresses, skirts and trousers. Her dolls have more clothes than she does....lol.
Hugs-x-

Polyester Princess said...

Oh, this is such fun, Liz! Although I never made my own doll's clothes, my nifty grandmother kitted out my dolls perfectly. She made my clothes, and then another set in miniature for my doll! So sad I don't have any of them anymore, although I still have the doll's wardrobe my Dad made me. xxx

Crimson Kettle said...

Those were the days!

mamasmercantile said...

Yes I did and actually still do but these days for my grandchildren's bears/dolls. Great patterns.

Julie said...

Yes, I made clothes for my dolls with the help of my grandmother. She was a pattern cutter in a factory so able to cut out anything and offer help and advice when I talked about what I wanted for a certain doll. We also knitted things too. I have made dolls clothes for my daughter and granddaughter as well as clothed a doll for a raffle prize too.