Wednesday 13 January 2021

Gold and browns

I've finished the crochet blanket I started last week and I absolutely love it!  It's difficult to get the colours to show up properly in the available light - it's a dreich day here in Greenock!

I really enjoyed making this - I find crochet so relaxing.  It's a nice change from cross stitch.

I sewed in the yarn ends as I finished each square, so that I didn't have too much to do at the end.  Also stitched the squares together as I made them.  So much easier - as long as you don't have a plan in mind!

Once I'd finished, there was hardly any yarn left, so it was a great feeling to be using up my stash.

The vintage book - the Golden Picture Book of Puppies - is one of my favourites from childhood which you can read about it by clicking on the title.  Hope you are keeping safe and well.

Joining with Let's Add Sprinkles - Keep in Touch.

Love, Liz

10 comments:

Catherine said...

I find crochet very relaxing too
I am making some at the moment
Wishing you a good afternoon
Catherine

Miss Kim said...

It's lovely and the colours are sweet!

Olde Dame Holly said...

The blanket turned out beautifully. So cheerful! And the puppies - Doctors should have puppies and kittens and baby animals as part of most treatment plans. "Look at pictures of two puppies a.m. and p.m. Follow up with pictures of kittens if needed."

Crafty in the Med said...

Beautiful colour combination! It really stands out! You just can't beat Granny squares they always look great!! keep well Amanda x

mamasmercantile said...

I enjoy crochet too, loving your colour choices and always a bonus to use up the oddents.

Polyester Princess said...

What a great way to use up your stash of yarn, and the resulting blanket is absolutely gorgeous! xxx

Kim said...

Your crochet blanket is lovely. It is a ray of sunshine in a "dreich" day.

Chrissie said...

Great way to use up your stash, I like crochet as an easy to go project xcx

Carin said...

I love your crochet blanket.

Annie with the ducks said...

LOVE that golden and orange granny square blanket!