Thursday 30 December 2021

Christmas at Darrowby

Did you watch All Creatures Great and Small Christmas episode?  It was fabulous!  (Channel 5)

By far my favourite tv show of Christmas.  Based on the books by Alf Wight (James Herriot) it the story of a veterinary practice in (the fictional village of Darrowby) Yorkshire and set in the 1930s.  I had recorded the whole series and watched the previous epidodes in the run up to Christmas.  The Christmas special was just magical!  Full of warmth and fun, it just gave me a great feeling of comfort. If you love vintage and nostalgia then watch the intro to the Christmas Special and see Skeldale House all beautifully decorated for Christmas.  (This picture has nothing to do with the tv series, I just put it in!)

Having recorded the episodes I didn't have to put up with all the annoying adverts between the sections.  The whole series is available to watch on My5.

2 comments:

Maggie said...

Glad you mentioned this, I have only watched about 3 episodes and for some reason they disappeared off catch up. Something for me to watch next week when hubby is back at work.

Polyester Princess said...

Oh, that sounds lovely Liz! No Channel 5 here in Belgium I'm afraid. Perhaps I'll be able to catch it later ... xxx