Monday 3 October 2022

New autumn house fully finish

I decided to fully finish Crow Creek Saltbox a free cross stitch pattern from Melisa at Pinker n Punkin Stitching in a new way.  (I had previously put it in a shadow box, but I'm using that for something else now.)


I got the white backing board from a charity shop - I think it had been some sort of wedding sign.  I sanded it and then painted it roughly with white paint.  I then cut a piece of card slightly smaller than the board.  To that I added a layer of batting then covered with some brown gingham fabric.  My stitching is attached to this.


I'm very pleased with how it has turned out.  


Fits in well with my other autumn houses!
Love, Liz

1 comment:

Polyester Princess said...

What a clever idea, Liz, it looks lovely mounted like that! xxx