Wednesday 26 October 2011

Piping In the Rain

Pipe bands and kilts - what could be more Scottish!

Pipers from Royal Burgh of Renfrew Pipe Band.
Love the bright red of the Royal Stewart tartan.
Pipers, kilts and rain - the normal Scottish combination.


Check out which tartan you should wear by going to the Scottish Register of Tartans and entering your name.  You might be surprised at some of the names on there.  Go on, give it a go!
(All you have to do is look for the quick search box in the top right-hand corner of Register page and enter your name.)

Love, Liz

I'm linking to Rednesday.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

So.....when are you registering a new design of your own!!! lol Have a wonderful day!

Shortbread and Ginger said...

I wish I was that inventive! I think I'll leave it to the experts!
Liz

Deborah said...

Love this tartan :)

Bee happy x
Have a delicious day!

flowers on my table said...

Oh lovely, more cosy rich red! I went to the registry, but it all looked rather complicated so I ran away! Many thanks for your comments Liz, they are greatly appreciated. Have a happy Wednesday! Love Linda x

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

This is cool.I found my maiden name & my mom's maiden name registered there. I have two tartans I could wear.

blackenpot said...

This red tartan is beautiful!!

Hav a nice day.

Shortbread and Ginger said...

If you go on to the site - just put your name in the quick search box at the top right-hand corner and you will find out if your name has a tartan.
Liz

SueLovesCherries said...

The Royal Stewart - my husband's family plaid!

I wonder if I could make a plaid with cherries on it? LOL!

blackenpot said...

Thank you, I had two form my mother And one from my father!

I did not know this before!!

Enjoy your day.

Pam of Eastlake Victorian said...

In my opinion, Royal Stewart is the ultimate tartan! I've always enjoyed bagpipes, too. I'm not Scittish, but wish I were!

-Pam

Catherine said...

Royal Stewart is my favore tartan, i had a kilt made of it!