Monday 14 November 2011

Downton Withdrawal?

Suffering from Downton Abbey withdrawal?  Then check out the film Gosford Park.  It was written by Julian Fellowes, who also wrote Downton.




It has an amazing cast - lots of fantastic British actors.  Set in 1932 the action takes place at a country house weekend.  It reminded me of Upstairs, Downstairs mixed with Poirot - lots of goings on both above stairs and in the servants' quarters.  Because each of the guests brought servants who had to be accommodated in the servants hall - these visiting servants were called by their master or mistress's name - makes sense, really.


Good to see that Sunday night TV is still worth tuning into with the return of Garrow's Law - absolutely brilliant!


Love, Liz

7 comments:

Rachael said...

Gosforth Park is a great film! I wish they'd do more of the Upstairs Downstairs remakes too.

Protector of Vintage said...

Ooh, looks interesting!!

blackenpot said...

Thank you for this tip, we are watching Downton , last episode on sunday. And i've ordered tickets for a homecoming, greatly looking forward to it. Home for 8 days!!

Enjoy your week.

Celestial Charms said...

I've always wanted to see Gosford Park, but have not had the pleasure of doing so yet. Now, I'm surely going to pursue it.
Maureen

Vintage Jane said...

I must be the only person who hasn't seen any of Downton - having missed all of the first series for one reason or another, I decided not to watch the second until I have seen the first on DVD. Haven't managed to find the time to do that yet either! M x

Shortbread and Ginger said...

Marina - you must watch the first series on dvd - that's what I did and then I couldn't wait for the second series. I'm sure you'll love it!
Liz

Kylie said...

I haven't watched either of them Liz but I will eventually. At the moment I am in the middle of a Johnathon Creek DVD fest. Not sure why I like it, but I do. Alot.
x