Tuesday 20 December 2011

Lucky Me!

Wow!  I've been so lucky!


I joined Lakota of Faith Hope & Charity Shopping's Christmas swap and was lucky to get Nicole of Nicole Needles as my partner.  Her swap parcel arrived yesterday and I waited till today to open it so that I could take photos while the light was good.   I was amazed at the vintage loveliness inside!


First of all - some cigarette cards - a mixture of sportsmen, and other bits and pieces.  There was also a wee album to put them in.


Then this fab vintage garland and some spices for mulled wine - they smell really Christmassy!


Included was a lovely little doily with gorgeous flowers around the edge.  There was also a handmade pot holder in beautiful vintagy fabric.  Included were the instructions on how to make it - might give it a go.


And last, but not least was this lovely vintage Christmas card, which held an actual card with a child's handwritten note inside - how sweet!


So, Nicole - many thanks - you have chosen such thoughtful gifts and I am so happy with each and every one of them.   Check out Nicole's blog and see the wonderful clothes she makes from vintage patterns.

And thanks also to Lakota for organising such a great event.

Love, Liz

10 comments:

bellaboo said...

How lovely,the pot holder is fab!

Rachael said...

Loving that doiley- always love the ones with flower edging.

Deborah said...

Great gifts :)

Bee happy x
Have a delicious day!

Paulette said...

How sweet is that vintage Christmas card? I would say you received some very nice items. You sure did show some restraint by not opening till the morning, I would have opened it right away. Very nice gifts, I'm off to check out Nicole's blog.♥

Little Nell said...

Nice little vintage collection. Love that card!

Unknown said...

How wonderful! Sometimes a gift exchange can be hit or miss! So glad that you loved all your presents. I love the vintage cards! Those are some handsome looking fellows!

I wanted to thank you for your kind words and sympathy these last few weeks. I am overwhelmed by the support and comfort I received from my blog friends. It really has helped me cope. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I hope you have a lovely week!

hug,
e

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Lots of great goodies!! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

Kylie said...

What beautiful presents Liz. Off to check out Nicole's blog.

Celestial Charms said...

Such lovely blog candy, as we say.:) How exciting to open such parcels. Hope you have a very Merry Christmas, and health and happiness in the New Year.
Maureen

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

Fab gifts, how lovely is the pot-holder and what a nice touch to include the instructions. I've just put up a linky if you'd like to add this post x