Sunday 15 January 2012

Coronation Glasses

At first I wasn't sure when I saw these four sherry glasses in the charity shop - I don't usually buy glass items.  But the colours on the crest really attracted me - and I gave in.



They commemorate the Coronation of Elizabeth II in 1953.  The crest shows the lion of England and the unicorn of Scotland joined by the crown.


They'll be great to use when we celebrate the Queen's Diamond Jubilee later in the year.


Looking forward to seeing what you have found over at Her Library Adventures - Flea Market Finds.

Love, Liz


15 comments:

Used-to-Bees said...

I think coronation items are going to be hot this year! Sweet little glasses - you do manage to find amazing things up there! Good luck for next week and have a nice Sunday.
x

A Treasured Past said...

Great finds Liz, they would definitely be following me home if I saw them. T x

Jacqui said...

They look really lovely. i used to "vaguely" collect coronation mugs. I did find some fab pyrex serving dishes and matching gravy boat this week - my current craze. xx

Paulette said...

I like these glasses, and anything to do with the Queen makes me gasp. Nice thrift find.♥

Riitta Sinikka said...

Fine glasses! Have a nice day!!

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Great glasses, good thing you bought them now because probably later this year people may be looking for them!

Rachael said...

My parents have a load of coronation [various coronations] wear, saw some yesterday in an antiques mall and my American's think they can get a lot for them!

Ruth Kelly said...

They are lovely glasses. Enjoy with such a wonderful find.

La Vie Quotidienne said...

What pretty glasses the crests are beautiful ~ very elegant!

Jem said...

I predict quite a rush on jubilee/coronation items again in the coming months much like there was for the royal wedding!

Jem xXx

polkadotpeticoat said...

I think they are cool...

Zara said...

Great find.

sky-blu-pink said...

These are very regal - like them very much. Thanks for stopping by my blog Liz, and for your kind comments.

Unknown said...

Love them!

cheers,
e

Pam of Eastlake Victorian said...

Very pretty! I would have snapped those up as well!

-Pam