Sunday 16 December 2012

Cake Stands and Gifts

Cake stands look great with Christmas baubles arranged on them.

 
Don't hide your lovely cake stands away when you are not using them for cakes - use them for lots of things.  I usually have little soaps arranged on this one - you know the kind that actually look like cakes.  So, for the festive season, I've added a bit of colour and sparkle!

 
I got the most amazing gift through the post last week.  The lovely Bombay Jules in India sent me this lovely  fabric bag - and inside -

 
 
wonderful squares of cotton in the most amazing colours and patterns.  They are from the Anokhi Museum of Hand Printing and you can read Julia's very interesting post about it here.

 
Love the paisley prints and look at these elephants!

 
Looks like I've a new year project lined up - think they will look lovely as a throw or perhaps some bags.

 
Thank you so much, Julia! 

Love, Liz

15 comments:

sky-blu-pink said...

What a good idea! Very festive!

Anne said...

Lucky you Liz they are gorgeous.

Erna said...

Beautiful fabrics Liz, you're a lucky girl and thanks for the cakestand tip...
Hugs
Erna

gillyflower said...

These fabrics are just gorgeous Liz! Thanks for sharing, must go and check out that post.
Great idea with the cake stand - I have a cream wire tiered cupcake stand empty at the moment - now I know what I could do with it thanks to your idea Liz!
Gill xx

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Such lovely fabrics...what a wonderful gift. Merry Christmas.

vintage grey said...

So pretty, and those fabrics are gorgeous!! xo Heather

Max said...

What a lovely present! I made a few tiered cake stands for friends last year and one friend uses hers in her daughters bedroom to store pretty beads and hair slides etc, it looks beautiful. Love the festive version x

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

Lovely fabrics, what a nice gift. And I have baubles everywhere!

Marjorie said...

Love the new use of the cake plate and enjoy that fabric, beautiful.

Celestial Charms said...

Great idea, and oh so lovely fabric squares.
Maureen

Elizabeth said...

Dear Liz,
What a pretty decoration.
I'm THRILLED with the tea cosy and will do a fuller blog post on it very soon.
Something tiny heading your direction.
I loved everything in my parcel --the little tray cloth brought back memories of making ones like that in y childhood
Thank you Thank you!

Elizabeth said...

ps
I shudder at the thought of a knitted wedding dress --much as I love knit things!

Tweed Thoughts said...

That's a lovely festive idea for using a cake stand! You are so lucky to receive such a fabulous parcel from India - hope you enjoy using the lovely fabrics :)
Alison :D

My Vintage Mending said...

Oh boy...Liz you found some wonderful things here...smiles..Renee

BombayJules said...

Hello Liz! Sorry, only just caught up with your post about the fabric....you know what I never undid the bundle so I had no idea just how beautiful those fabrics were - they look gorgeous! Now no pressure to get on with a bit of patchwork quilting haha....Hope you had a lovely Christmas and New Year. Thank you for sending so many new readers over my way. What a lovely bunch they are!
Best wishes BombayJules x