Monday 8 April 2013

Lemons and Florals - Vintage China, Of Course

At last it has all been washed and sorted and I can show you some of my lovely weekend vintage china finds.

 
First of all there is this little Sutherland china tea set.  Don't thing it is very old, but it is a really pretty, delicate shade of lemon.


 
Then there was this set - its Ainsley china and I have to admit that I wasn't very taken with it till I saw the saucers - they are the most gorgeous shade of green.  Really sets off the florals and stops it being too overwhelmingly flowery!

 
There were just two cups and saucers, but eleven tea plates, so I'm going to make a few little cake stands with the extras.  Well, when I say that I'm going to make cake stands, what I really mean is that I'll get hubby to drill the holes in the plates.  He really won't mind because I got him a new superduper drill for Christmas and he hasn't had much chance to use it yet, so I don't think he'll complain too much!

 
I've decided that as my china collection is growing all the time, I'm going to have to do something with it.  So, I'm doing a bit of research locally to find out if there is a niche for hiring it out for tea parties, small weddings etc.  I'm quite excited about this, so wish me luck!


Detail from inside the cup.
There's more vintage gorgeousness to come so kee ....... ee ...... eep watching!!!!

Love, Liz

Joining up with the Nifty Thrifty today - come on over and see some lovely finds.

24 comments:

Emma Kate at Paint and Style said...

Oh cool! Good luck! You could always open a tea room?! xx

Jumble Tree said...

That's a great idea! You've such a gorgeous collection of china - latest finds are no exception, lovely patterns and colours. Would be great for them to be used, as long as they're well looked after! Like your cake stand plan too x

September Violets said...

Such pretty china cups! I like the blue saucers :) You're very brave to drill holes in a china plate ... it sounds like you've done this before. Is there a special drill that is used? Have a Happy Monday Liz! Wendy

Bijou Sugar-Socks said...

oohhh sooo pretty liz! i wish i could find china like those here... especially that pink flower one :)

**Anne** said...

I love the green on the saucers too. Gorgeous.
Anne xx

Curtise said...

Very pretty! My friend makes cake stands from vintage plates, she even showed me how to make one - I was very proud of myself, did the drilling and everything!
There are companies here which hire out vintage china for weddings and parties, but obviously you need a LOT! My mate was thinking of doing it but storage was a problem. let us know how you get on with your research. xxxx

Jo said...

Wow can't believe you found ainsley pieces in a charity shop, what a great find!

Hiring out your china sounds like a great idea considering the vintage trend at the moment. Gives you a legitimate excuse to keep buying more pretty china too!

Monica said...

Thanks so much for your visit and lovely comment, Liz!
And my oh my, vintage gourgeousness for sure!! What beautiful finds.
Love rummaging through charity shops too, and I love china and vintage linens :)

Paulette said...

Such stunning china, I have scouring the shelves at my local thrift shops and haven't found a thing. I'll keep checking because your beautiful collection has inspired me.

Kylie said...

I love the sweet detail inside that cup, and you're spot on about that bluey green saucer making all the difference to the flowery tea set Liz. I like the lemony one best, old, or not.
x

Heather@Tatter and Fray said...

Lovely! I just love the set with the aqua green saucers!

Vintage Sheet Addict said...

Love the lemon set! :) x

Sarah ~ Magnolias Attic said...

The Ainsley set is a beauty -- I love cups with some of the design inside! What a great idea about renting out your goodies foe tea parties and weddings! Good luck with that!

Rustic Vintage Country said...

Wow, they are lovely! x

gillyflower said...

Both really pretty sets! The extra plates will look great as cake stands.
Good luck with your new venture Liz - how exciting!
Gill xx

Irene said...

A stunning collection of china. What a fabulous idea to rent out your stunning china - good luck.
luv
irene
xxxx

GardenOfDaisies said...

All your new china teacups and saucers are so pretty! I LOVE your idea to hire out the china for parties. I bet there are a lot of people who need that sort of help.

Vanessa said...

That China is gorgeous. Beautiful scores!

Swallow Barn said...

very pretty!

sky-blu-pink said...

So gorgeous! And I love the plans you have for your pretties!

Max said...

beautiful. i love the lemony ones. great idea, maybe for vintag-y weddings?

Anonymous said...

I'm drooling - that Ainsley set is gorgeous! I love the contrasting saucers. And the tablecloth is so pretty too. Good luck with finding a way to put it all to good use. I think putting on teas and wedding showers would be a wonderful way to play with everything!

Danielle's Sweets said...

As I was reading this post I was thinking to myself "what must she do with all this beautiful china?". What a lovley idea to rent it out for tea parties!!! I know there are places here in the states that do that. I hope you find luck with it. Your colleciton is exquisite. I would love to use some of your pieces. Even if only for a day! xo

Danielle

Miss Simmonds Says said...

Lovely. More florals to cheer me up, thank you!!