Friday 3 May 2013

Vintage Dish

I absolutely love this vintage lidded vegetable dish.  I actually have a pair and they were among the first of my vintage buys many, many years ago before "rescuing" vintage china became fashionable.

 
I picked them up for a tiny sum in an Edinburgh charity shop - can't imagine doing that now!

 
I use them at Christmas and when I have friends round for dinner - they are so useful for keeping vegetables and potatoes warm while dishing out.  I also use them for salad and pasta - anything really.

 
The back stamp (isn't it pretty!)reads - A Frank Buckley Production - but I was unable to find out much about him.  Would like to know a bit more.

 
It is pouring with rain here in Greenock today!  Hope the weather is better wherever you are.  Have a lovely weekend.

Love, Liz

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're having gorgeous weather, thanks for asking!

That dish is so, so pretty. The design looks so traditional, but the label looks like Arts & Crafts. If it's a small company I imagine the dish is quite rare.

The Faerie Factory said...

So pretty ... it was bright and sunny here in Birmingham this morning but has clouded over now. Hoping for a sunnier weekend... Sarah x

bellaboo said...

They are very pretty,just my style.
I have two similar to yours and was so upset when I broke a piece off one of the lids.I've repaired it but it's never the same is it?

Bellaboo X

Paulette said...

My this dish is charming. I bet it looks attractive on your table during dinner parties. If only we could have the pricing back from days gone by.

Plain Jane said...

Lovely bowl - I think the mark is just as pretty though! I've tried to look him up but youre right I just keep coming back to the same place - hmmmm - must be very rare and very valuable!!! Jane x

Bijou Sugar-Socks said...

sooo pretty!

serendipity said...

Absolutely beautiful. It's really hard to find lidded dishes these days. I guess most people don't bother with "formal" dining now! xx

sky-blu-pink said...

Gorgeous! Will grace any lunch table!

Curtise said...

Very pretty, I do love lidded serving dishes, of all eras and styles.
Breezy and sunny here today, perfect for my line full of washing. Yeah, I'm soooo rock-n-roll! xxxxx

Miss Simmonds Says said...

I'll get the book out...
looks very pretty!