Friday 26 July 2013

Vintage Dorcas Pillow Cases

Hi girls!  Good to be back in blogland after my holidays!
Thought I would start with a lovely little charity shop find - these lovely vintage Dorcas pillow cases still in their original wrap and box.


So pretty!
 
 

Lovely embroidery - lets see it in vivid colours!

 
An added bonus was this little engagement gift card which was tucked away inside.


 
What a pity such a lovely gift was never used - but then again - I can remember a few gifts I received for my engagement and wedding which, at the time I thought were so old fashioned and put in the back of the cupboard!  How things change ... or stay the same????

 
Love, Liz

12 comments:

bellaboo said...

So pretty! I've found a few nice embroidered ones on ebay...can't resist.
Hope you have a lovely Summer break.

Bellaboo X

Rustic Vintage Country said...

How lovely are they? Good find. x

Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said...

They are pretty, Liz. I've got a couple of Dorcas pillowslips too. xx

The Faerie Factory said...

Gorgeous I have a few like these too, but not in the boxes, such a shame the gift was never used. Hope you had a fab holiday ~ Sarah x

GardenOfDaisies said...

They are lovely! And that couples choice not to use them meant they stayed perfect until an appreciative owner (you) came along.

VintageVicki said...

Very pretty - perhaps at the time they weren't modern enough for the couple! Oh how times change :)

Anne said...

They are lovely Liz and such a shame no one used them.

Helga said...

O, so pretty indeed! I love that the card was with them!! X

Sharon said...

Very pretty, I think I remember doing the same thing.

Erna said...

I can remember those pillowcases, in Holland they used a different name though. Love them, they remind me about my nana
Hugs
Erna

sky-blu-pink said...

Oh how pretty, and still in the wrapper. I think I would be a little bit disappointed if I were the giver....... I had some linen as an wedding present and it was straight on the bed!

miz-bag said...

pillow cases are my new obsession too!! xx lovely find x x