Thursday 1 August 2013

Sewing Box Transformed!

Isn't it great when you actually find something you have had on your wish list for ages?!  I got this vintage wooden sewing box in a local charity shop and, best of all, it was full of sewing goodies!  I blogged about some of them here.

 
 
Of course I couldn't just leave the box the way it was, so I got hubby to take it apart for me and after a couple of coats of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint it was transformed!


 
The little drawers had been lined with this wonderful 70s wallpaper, but I decided that something a bit brighter would be more effective after I had painted it, so I chose this pink and white polka dot paper.

 
I have to admit that it was a nightmare to paint - all those little bits and pieces.  I would not do it again!

 
The good news is - I've sold it already!!!!!

Love, Liz

17 comments:

Vintage Jane said...

I admire your patience! Looks lovely and glad it was worth your while ...
M x

Ellie Foster said...

Dear Liz
A great transformation but I wouldn't have been able to sell it once it was finished - it is too gorgeous!
Best wishes
Ellie

Plain Jane said...

GORGEOUS! My Annie Sloan has gone a bit thick so I'm trying to use it watered down a bit - getting very frustrated now as it keeps going bobbly. Yours looks perfect - well done x Jane

bellaboo said...

It must have been a bit if a wrench to part with that beauty...especially after all your hard work!

Bellaboo X

Jo@awholeplotoflove said...

It must have sold quickly, it is lovely.

Anonymous said...

You lucky lady, how do you manage to find such treasures.

It looks beautiful x

sky-blu-pink said...

Amazing transformation! I have one I found that someone was throwing away, it's now my toolbox, so I have my own collection without borrowing my husband's and without him borrowing mine! How you can bear to part with it, though, I really can't imagine!!!

Anonymous said...

That is so cool! I like it plain, but with the paint and polka dots it would be such a pleasure to sit down to sew. Congratulations on selling it so quickly!

Protector of Vintage said...

You did a beautiful job. Do you sell online?

Imogen said...

This is such a gorgeous upcycle! I've seen quite a few sewing baskets like this, but have never thought to paint one. I love the colour too!! X

Rustic Vintage Country said...

That is an amazing transformation and I'm not surprised you sold it. Good for you! x

GardenOfDaisies said...

It's so pretty! My mom had one similar to that (darker stain and legs) When we were little girls we were so intrigued by the way it opened up. One of my sisters has it at her place now.

Little Nell said...

You made a lovely job of it Liz. I would have had trouble parting with that one too.

Vix said...

What a great transformation! xxx

Curtise said...

I have a similar sewing box, but on legs, and another darker wood one too. Both came with various sewing paraphernalia still inside - I think it's the law of secondhand sewing boxes and baskets! Hope you made a good profit after all your hard work! xxx

Robyn of Oz said...

Just gorgeous and any wonder it is sold already! Great job. :)

Ana Artedetei said...

La verdad es que la transformación ha sido completa y te ha quedado genial