Thursday 26 March 2015

Back in Time in Bo'ness

Bo'ness Railway Station - Outlander fans might recognise this from a scene in the TV series where Claire and Frank, both in uniform say goodbye.  The station was transformed with WWII posters and renamed "Milford Station" for the scene.


Apart from that, it is a fascinating place to visit.  It is part of the Bo'ness and Kinneil Railway which puts on lots of events throughout the year.  You can step back in time and travel on a steam train.


I loved the vintage feel of the station and all the buildings around it.  There's a Railway Museum there which you can visit.


Bo'ness (or Borrowstounness to give it its full name) is on the banks of the Forth west of Edinburgh.


Just being there brought back memories of those special train journeys when I was little.


Love, Liz


3 comments:

Shan said...

That just looks so cool. So outside my realm of experience. No local passenger trains near me. I have always wanted to take a trip in one!!

Teresa Kasner said...

Hi Liz, nice to meet you! I descend from your area so it's neat to see things from there. I live in Oregon, USA. My relative is a McAlister. I also love vintage things! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Wendy Bayford said...

Oh I am partial to a steam railway, and this looks lovely. I have just found out that Outlander is available on Amazon prime so I will keep an eye out for it! :-)