Thursday 16 April 2015

Blocks For Blokes

I suppose being the mother of two boys it was natural that there was a lot of Lego in our house ... a LOT of Lego!


My sons played with Lego all the time and it was always top of the Christmas list.  We've kept it all - not just the bricks, but also the instructions for building the items.  I'm so glad that we did.  My elder son is a Dad himself now, his son is just two years old, and I know that he is looking forward to getting back to Lego building.  Perhaps then I might get some room in my cupboard when he takes all the Lego away!


The minute I saw this magazine - Blocks - I knew I had to buy it for him.  It has loads of great articles about Lego old and new and there some great photographs of some of the fabulous things that have been built from Lego.



I was a bit hopeless as a Mum when it came to building the cars and things, but my husband loved making things up for the boys - when they let him!


I suppose a lot of this, collected over the last 30 years could now be classed as vintage!  Do you still have a Lego collection somewhere in the house?

Love, Liz

5 comments:

Jan said...

That brings back memories! My son loved Legos and they were everywhere in our house. I don't think anything hurt worse than stepping on one barefooted in the middle of the night!

AlisonC said...

Its a wonder my bedroom ceiling doesn't fall in on me! My loft has four large boxes of lego and four large boxes of playmobil. Plus toy story figures and several train sets!

Mum said...

Yep, still got the collection and I still play with it.
xx

mamasmercantile said...

Brings back lots of lovely memories but alas we got rid of it all which is such a shame.

Tom said...

My grandkids LOVE Lego! Tom The Backroads Traveller