Tuesday 21 April 2015

I'll huff and I'll puff ...

One of my sons' favourite stories was The Three Little Pigs.  This Ladybird Easy Reading book shows the wear and tear of sharing this story with them possibly hundreds of times.  I must have been given the book because it dates from 1965 - trust me, I was a mere babe myself in those days!


The story is retold by Vera Southgate and the illustrations are by Robert Lumley.  Just look at the little details in all the pictures.  I love the wee mouse!



Not sure they would get away with the grisly ending these days!


Love, Liz

6 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Wow that took me back, I remember reading that one myself and then reading it to my daughters.

Deborah Montgomery said...

Such great illustrations!

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

The illustrations are amazing.

CraveCute said...

Simply love the illustrations! Adorable!

Little Nell said...

Those Ladybird books were wonderful, and I don’t think you can re-write (Wolf) history, so keep the grisly ending I say!

Tom said...

What a wonderful find. Tom The Backroads Traveller