Thursday 23 April 2015

Vintage Bathing Caps

Isn't this weather amazing!  Just in case anyone has decided to go for a dip in the sea, here's an old advertisement for some stunning bathing caps!  They will certainly add to your vintage look.


Made of rubber, eh?!  Can you imagine the agony of taking one of these off - half your hair would be removed with it!
Enjoy the lovely weather before it snows - yes, I actually saw a forecast that said it might snow in parts of Scotland over the next few days!  As my Granny used to say "ne'er shed a clout till May be oot"!
Love, Liz

6 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Liz your post today really did make me smile. My Mum said the very same quote to me today as I took my cardigan off to cut the lawn. I saw the forecast that predicted snow for next week on high ground.

Mum said...

I really can't see me in one of those when I go swimming down at the gym. I used to hate wearing a swimming cap when at school. I could never get them on right and my hair still got wet.
xx

Deborah Montgomery said...

After a lovely weekend, we've had snow flurries and cold temps here in Michigan, US. Brr!

Mac n' Janet said...

I remember wearing a rubber swimming cap, didn't keep your hair dry, but supposedly it kept your hair out of the pool filter.

Old Magnolia Tree said...

My husband uses that dating too. His mother said it to him when he was growing up. I wonder then where it originally came from, Ireland or Scotland? ?

Tom said...

I'm an old guy, but these are a bot before my times. Tom The Backroads Traveller