Wednesday 1 June 2016

Being watched!

Ever get the feeling you are being watched?


We were at Withorn Priory on Saturday and, of course, I was taking some photographs when I noticed this bird watching me.  It sat for ages - I couldn't believe it was letting me take so many photographs of it!


If it had been a dull, dreich day I would have thought it was a bit spooky, but the sun was shining, so it didn't seem so bad.


But - what kind of bird is it?  A crow?  A jackdaw .... or something else?  Please let me know.


Also loved the name of this Church of Scotland charity shop!  Lakota - think they got the name from you!

Love, Liz

5 comments:

Miss Magpie said...

It's a Jackdaw. I love them they are such cheeky birds!

Frances said...

Liz, I don't know what sort of bird your buddy is, but it does seem like he found a perfect spot for his contemplations. The stonework on that entryway is magnificent. (Somehow, it reminds me of some motifs I've been using in my recent knitting.)

I will follow your link to the Priory to find out more about this interesting looking place. Thank you! xo

Sue in Suffolk said...

Yes a Jackdaw, great characters but can be a pest

Elizabeth said...

Warmest greetings from New York!

Julie said...

We have a jackdaw like that, it comes to the feeders often and scares the smaller birds away.