Monday 28 January 2019

A tumble of tea cosies

I don't know what the collective noun for tea cosies is, but tumble seemed appropriate in this case!


I emptied out my work bag to see what else was needing to be completed from last year and all of these tea cosy pieces fell out!  I can't believe I put them away without sewing them up.  (Actually I hate sewing up the bits and pieces I've knitted or crocheted.)


So, that will be my job for the rest of the afternoon - putting these blinking things together!  I can't believe that there are even a couple of pom poms in there.


The completed grey and pink tea cosy is one I knit last week while staying at my Son's flat in Glasgow.  It just needs a pom pom and it is complete, at least it is sewn up.

Ah well, once they are done I can start a new project.
Love, Liz

14 comments:

Connie said...

These are so cute . . . any tea pot would be delighted to be cuddled up under one of these sweet cozies :)

Jane said...

Your tea pot has it's own wardrobe of cosies! The best dressed tea pot in Greenock! I hate sewing up, so I always try to knit in the round. Best,Jane

AlisonB43 said...

Lovely picture Liz, how funny you forgot you had not finished all these lovelies. I have to be honest though, I hate stitching up knitting too!

butterfly said...

Wonderful tea cosy's love them ,have fun sewing them up.

mamasmercantile said...

They look amazing and such a wonderful array of colours.

Elaine said...

You certainly don't do things in half measures, the cosies are lovely. I hope the sewing up has gone well.

Polyester Princess said...

A "tumble" of tea cosies sounds quite right, Liz! They look very "cozy" and cheerful. Imagine forgetting all about them! xxx

NanaDiana said...

LOL- I hate when things like that happen. i open something u and find that I have never finished what I started. lol
Happy sewing! xoDiana

Crimson Kettle said...

Your new kitche is going to look really smart with all those pretty tea copies dotted about!

Jo said...

A tumble sounds like a perfect collective noun for tea cosies. What a cheery looking pile. I've always fancied making a knitted tea cosy, although I must confess I don't enjoy seaming knitted pieces together either. Nearly everything I make is in the round so I don't have to seam!

Pink Rose said...

Hi Liz oh these are adorable and certainly the cutest tea cosies that i have seen,good motivation to stitch them up before you start a new project,xx

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Those are cute! xo Su

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Hi Liz! This makes me want to get out my knitting! Such a pretty jumble.

Julie said...

They are fabulous. Shutting this post down quickly just in case DH comes in and sees it and asks me when I am doing his LOL