Monday 7 January 2019

Choosing thread colours

I've been choosing thread colours for a new project.


Hubby has very kindly agreed to make a cross stitch pattern from a small part of the Royal Winton bowl I blogged about recently.  So I've been picking out colours to match.


A wee cup of tea and a slice of cake were needed for concentration purposes, of course!  The boxes in the background are where I store my threads.


All I have to do now is print off the pattern and try it out. 


Will get on with it once I've finished a little project which is in the hoop at the moment.  I've decided that I will not start projects till I've finished one.  (Hope I can keep to that!)


Will keep you up to date with progress.

Love, Liz
PS - Thanks to those who answered the question about the missing words on the maker's mark on the dish I showed in yesterday's blog post.  They were "Burgess & Leigh".

9 comments:

Jules said...

The pattern looks fabulous. How clever. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress. X

mamasmercantile said...

Such a beautiful mix of colours. Those boxes are a real delight.

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

These photos are so pretty, Liz...they feel like spring! Looking forward to seeing your cross stitch project!

Polyester Princess said...

Oh, how exciting, Liz. And what a fabulous kitchen you have! xxx

Pink Rose said...

Hi Liz wow very lucky to have such a clever hubby,love the colours that you are going to use. You have a beautiful kitchen my friend and i love those pink tulips xx

crafty cat corner said...

What a brilliant idea to make that chart, such a lovely pattern, will watch out for the progress on this.
Briony
x

Christina said...

How lovely to meet a fellow Scot (although technically speaking, I am Swiss and Italian, but my home is in Scotland).
I look forward to seeing your stitching project come to life.

Lilbitbrit said...

Stitching colours and thread are such fun. Love your Royal Winton Bowl. I have a few pieces that are left of my mum's tea set. She collected it in the fifties as a young bride.
Christine
Lilbitbrit.blogspot.com

Linda P said...

How kind of your Hubby to draw up the pattern for your cross stitch project. I'm looking forward to seeing how you get on with your new project. All the best xxL