Wednesday 16 January 2019

Royal Winton cross stitch

Here's the result of my efforts in duplicating the pattern on my Royal Winton bowl.


I'm quite happy with it except for the yellows - should have chosen more contrasting shades. 


I wonder if I chose the colours again, perhaps in summer, would I chose the same ones?  It really might depend on the light.  It was a dull day when I picked these threads.


Hubby is making one or two little amendments to the pattern, and then I'll put it on this blog if anyone would like to use it.  Think I might make it into a little scented sachet which can then sit inside the bowl.


Second cross stitch finish of 2019 - hope I can keep this up!

Love, Liz

11 comments:

Jules said...

It's beautiful, Liz. Your work is so neat and I think the colours are lovely. X

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

So pretty! I love how it turned out!

Lilly's Mom said...

It turned out lovely! The colors you used work very well together. I'm excited for the pattern as ifI love to try cross stitch. Have a wonderful day, Pat 💐

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

I think it's lovely! You did a marvellous job and it would be adorable sitting inside your bowl!

Crimson Kettle said...

You finished that so quickly! Very pretty.

Polyester Princess said...

Looking great, Liz, and I love the idea of turning it into a little scented sachet to sit inside the bowl! xxx

Mum said...

Beautiful.
xx

Julie said...

Very pretty, its beautiful

Melody A. said...

very pretty!! and the colors are perfect for the design! Happy Sewing from Iowa

Aurelia Eglantine said...

It's beautiful! I love your bowl and the pattern you've taken from it, both are so pretty :)

Linda P said...

Beautiful!