Friday 8 March 2019

Cream and pink tea

My latest (sewn up) tea cosy in lovely shades of cream and pink, with just a few colour flecks through the wool.


A bit different from my usual bright tea cosies.


Loving gypsophila just now.  Love its other name - baby's breath, just so beautiful.


I think that gypsophila has had a bit of a bad press from the days when it was usually teamed with bright red carnations, even although it is part of the carnation family (I only found that out when I checked the spelling online!).  But it seems to be all over the place now and love it just on its own.


Really enjoyed knitting this tea cosy - I'm right into pastels at the moment.  Enjoy your Friday.

Love, Liz

14 comments:

R's Rue said...

Love.

Jane said...

Beautiful cosy. It goes so well with your pastel pink posy basket. Your teapots are well and truly spoilt for choice. Yes, Gypsophila is so pretty and delicate. Best, Jane :)

Crafty in the Med said...



So charming Liz...love the specks of colour!!! I could do with sitting down to such a pretty well laid table like that....a balm to my heart...totally therapy :-)

keep well

Amanda x

Crimson Kettle said...

Very elegant.

Jo said...

That's so pretty. I didn't know that gypsophila was from the carnation family either, you learn something new every day.

Pam said...

My Mother always grew a bed of Baby,s Breath as it goes well with just about every other flower and can stand on its own. love the tea cosy, I have a crochet one festooned with roses (of the crochet variety) tucked away somewhere. I ought to look it out, it may well be tea in the garden in a couple of months.

Polyester Princess said...

That's just gorgeous, Liz. Love that little pink basket! Now all we need is Spring! xxx

Rosie said...

Lovely pastel colours, they remind me of sugared almonds. My mother used to have a little basket like yours but it was a soft green:)

Michelle Ridgway said...

Beautiful tea cosy and your sweet pink basket and white jug set it off so pretty x

Kim said...

Pastel shades are always pretty. Your tea cosy is lovely; such pretty colours. Gysophola is a lovely and delicate flower, isn't it.

mamasmercantile said...

Beautiful vignette the flecks in the cosy are a joy. I didn't realise gypsophlia was part of the carnation family. You learn something new everyday.

Julie said...

Very elegant looking cosy, I didn't know that about the gyp.... blog reading certainly feeds the mind

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

This is so cute...love the pink!

giĆ² said...

Molto divertente, simpatico e originale. Brava!