Sunday 3 March 2019

Vintage vehicles

These little toy vehicles have been well used as you can see!


I think they date from the 1950s or 60s and are very sturdy and well made.


The fork lift is a Dinky toy and still has its little driver.


Ecurie Ecosse was an actual motor racing team and this is a model of the transporter used to ferry racing cars around.  (Amazing what you learn through blogging!)


They remind me of the toys my brother used to play with when we were young.  I think someone gave them to my sons when they were young, and they stayed in the car box ever since.  Only rediscovered them when looking for cars for grandsons to play with on their recent visit.


Think I'll hang on to these!  Have you still got toys from your childhood?

Love, Liz

7 comments:

Rosie said...

Wonderful old toys that have been well used and loved. I still have three of my childhood bears and a little christmas tree that was bought for my first christmas:)

Catriona said...

What I love about these toys is how much they have been used. My brother (1954) loved all toy cars and he had a transporter too. I hate when model toys exchange hands for ludicrous sums of money when they haven’t ever been played with. My brother used to paint his with model paint when he wanted a different colour so the few toys we had were well loved and played with to extinction.

Julie said...

I've got an old teddy and DH has some cars and boats and other bits.

Polyester Princess said...

I have a penchant for old toys and these are lovely. When we were emptying my parents' house, we came across a few of my brother's old Matchboxes and Dinkies. I had to refrain myself from bringing them home. I still have some of my old board games from and I have a very scruffy toy monkey I used to play with from age 4. I collect vintage Barbie dolls and their clothing, as I loved these, but didn't get, when I was a girl. They don't really make 'em like that anymore! xxx

NanaDiana said...

Isn't it fun to come across those old toys from the 50s and 60s? I have a few that belonged to our family, too. They really are special. I hope you have a great upcoming week- xo Diana

bj said...

I love that YOU love olden toys. These are so cute.

mamasmercantile said...

I love to see toys that are well used and loved. I am not keen on the plastic variety of todays toys. I still have a metal tea set which my Grandaughters adore and a doll.