Saturday 6 April 2019

Cutting it fine!

Literally - I just made it!  Look at those margins!


I got this Lizzie Kate cross stitch pattern from a local craft shop shop.  I wanted to start right away, so when I got home a found a piece of fabric which looked like it might fit.  I found the centre, put it in a hoop and started.


This is how it turned out!  How on earth could I have so misjudged the centre?  Also cutting it fine with how much space there would be left on either side.  But at least I used up a piece of fabric from my stash.  Going to make a hanging, finish it on some red tartan - also from my stash!  Every Scottish crafter will have a bit of tartan somewhere - am I right, folks?


Love this little quilt shop stitching from Cross Country Stitching.  Changed the colours.  The little stand is one of those that come with a tiny canvas - I just painted it white.  Think it's great for showing off little stitchings.  Must finish it off with some fabric, though.



Not so sure about this one ...hmm!  Too pink, perhaps.  But at least I centered it properly!


It's been a busy stitching week!

Love, Liz

9 comments:

Kim said...

All are lovely cross stitches. I rather like the sweet little pink house. That tartan is great...very scottish!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Wonderful cross stitches! I love the tartan. Must be the Scot in me. :-) Enjoy your weekend.

50 and counting said...

I never seem to find a quick cross stitch project.

I wind up doing monsters that I lose interest in and put away for months on end. My worst is something I started in 1991 and keep saying, I'll finish someday

Maggie said...

The tartan will look great against that Christmas piece. I never start stitching in the centre, my preference is top left, I used to get in such a muddle starting in the middle, lol.
I have a couple of those little easels, never thought of painting them, great idea :-)

Michelle Ridgway said...

Love your projects. At least you didn't run out of room completely.

mamasmercantile said...

Love the Christmas project and perfect with the tartan.

Crimson Kettle said...

Wonderful! I like the Christmas one, such a jazzy script. Sometimes you've just got to live life on the edge when it comes to margins!

Polyester Princess said...

It would have surprised me if you didn't have a bit of tartan stashed away ;-) And it does look perfect with the tartan! You might not have it centred properly, but at least you're well in time for next Christmas! xxx

Julie said...

The tartan is going to finish off the design beautifully