Monday 10 June 2019

The Big Key

I finished this Christmas cross stitch and made it into a little pillow.  Sewing machine gave up on me as I was making it!  I remember buying it in the 70s, so it has been a good and faithful servant.


I liked the key in the pattern, so I photographed it beside our "big key" - we actually still use it to lock our door from the inside.  It would be a bit heavy to carry around in my handbag!

Picture from pattern.
When I finished the cross stitch I looked at the picture on the pattern to see if I had missed anything out and spotted what I thought was my mistake.  If you look at my version, you'll see that Santa's sack starts at the reindeer's back, but in the picture on the front of the pattern it starts higher up.  I had almost begun to unpick the stitches, but fortunately decided to look at the chart - which shows it exactly as I had stitched it.


The pattern is Through the Woods by Barbara Ana Designs.  I loved stitching it and I think the colours are gorgeous.

Love, Liz

9 comments:

Crimson Kettle said...

What a big key!

Kim said...

Oh, I wouldn't unpick your pretty cross stitch. Love that key. How fabulous you use to unlock your front door.

Julie said...

Now that is a big key for your front door.
A lovely stitched and finished pillow, very pretty.

busybusybeejay said...

Lovely cross stitch.It looks perfect.

Polyester Princess said...

That's a sweet little cushion! Love to read you're still using that key to lock your front door from the inside. We too still carry around big keys like that! xxx

Carol said...

Your Santa pillow is darling and so beautifully stitched! That IS one big key--must be a big front door, too!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

How fun, Liz! The cross stitch is lovely...and is perfect with your key!

Mary said...

Wow,I would love to see your front door!! Fun Santa stitch!!

RJ said...

What a cute holiday stitch. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever