Saturday 2 November 2019

Autumn in the Trossachs

Hasn't this just been a spectacular Autumn?  It certainly has here in Scotland.


We went for a drive around Loch Lomond and the Trossachs earlier in the week and the scenery was just incredible.  Everywhere you looked, Mother Nature was showing off her autumn colours.  There was even a wee bit of snow on the top of the higher hills.


We stopped at a great place called the Drovers Inn.  It's a really old, atmospheric building and is a wonderful place to stop off for a drink or meal.  You can get back into Hallowe'en mode by reading about its ghosts!


Hope the autumn scenery is good where you are too.

Love, Liz

6 comments:

Caz.P. said...

How lovely. Yes, the trees here in Derbyshire are all in spectacular colours too. I have been to Loch Lomond and surrounding area way back in 2000. I absolutely loved it. Stayed at Erskine Bridge Hotel. ( coach trip, don't drive.) Always wanted to go back there, also Oban. Its a long journey from here, so don't think I will.I am 71 this month.

Susanne said...

Lovely colors, ours are just about to peak. But Mother Nature keeps dumping rain on us, so I fear the leaves won't be long on the trees.

Polyester Princess said...

So that's where Autumn has been hiding out: Scotland! We got lots of rain here in Belgium, unfortunately, so I can only live vicariously, looking at the gorgeous Autumn colours in your photos! xxx

Jan said...

Beautiful! We were there last month and we enjoyed it so much!

Crimson Kettle said...

So beautiful, I wish I was a bit closer to visit myself.

Julie said...

Autumn is certainly giving a wonderful colour palette this year.